VST Precision Basket - Ridged
Experience uniform extractions across all groups all the time - permanently. The VST Precision Insert Basket is the essential espresso filter for those in search of the ultimate cup.
The VST baskets deliver consistent extraction performance over a wide range of concentration with reduced sediment. It's designed to extract properly and expertly amongst most bottomless portafilters, including Rancillio, La Cimbali, La Marzocco, Nuova Simonelli, Quick Mill, Izzo, Rocket, Giotto, Isomac, Vibieme, and more. Each insert basket is uniquely coded for manufacturing QC and product authenticity.
- VST's precision filters deliver consistent extraction performance over a wide range of concentration with reduced sediment
- Designed to extract properly as a ristretto, normale or lungo with minimal or no change in grind setting at a fixed dose
- Filters are matched for total square area to +/- 5% to ensure identical performance
- (typical variances of standard filters range from 50-200% of nominal open square area)
- Holes are fabricated using a new micro-machine and finishing process
- 100% of holes are measured on every filter for min/max range limits on area and diameter to a precision of +/- 20 µm (individual QC report provided with every filter)
- All holes are measured for circularity, placement, square area and blocked holes
- Hole pattern is centered to +/- 1.0 mm and placement is oriented for uniform extraction throughout the entire puck
- Wide outlet angle to prevent filters from clogging, anti-wear design ensures uniform performance for life of product
- Improved structural integrity, will withstand deflection from pump cycling without premature fatigue failures